Monday, November 22, 2010

Touch Of Class (philly)


Touch Of Class - I'm In Heaven

A killer little soul group who recorded with John 'Monster' Davis in the mid 70s , really soaring with a groove that rivals some of their bigger contemporaries on the east coast group scene! Touch Of Class sing in a style that's sometimes fragile, but often more suited to the soaring grooves that Davis gives them on the album -- a mode that's partly disco, partly pop, and which should have been as huge as any of their Philly or New York contemporaries.
I’m In Heaven contained the highly sought after track, 'I Love You Pretty Baby'.
Various musicians from the Salsoul Orchestra were utilised, giving the album a very 'full' sound. Including Vince Montana and the Don Renaldo Strings.

Touch Of Class:
Pete Jackson
Gerald Jackson
Herbert Brevard
Michael Hailstock

1 I’m In Heaven

2 I Just Can't Say Goodbye

3 You Got to Know Better

4 Anything

5 You Got Nowhere to Come

6 I Love You Pretty Baby

7 One Half as Much

8 Love Me Tonight

Touch Of Class

No comments:

Post a Comment